Sunday, July 05, 2009

Progress report……. and CHICKENS! :)

A few photos to show the update at the allotment,

 IMG_0145IMG_0146

As you can see the Squashes are all doing rather well – it’s been hot so we’ve been going down every other day to give them a good soaking, also our neighbour Denzel has been giving them a soaking for us whilst he is down there :) Nice guy! 

 IMG_0147 IMG_0148

Our courgettes are also doing pretty well and we’ve harvested a couple of “middle finger length” zuchs to have in a Bolognese, and very nice too! In the top left of the photo on the right is the ridge cucumber – never grown one outside before so we’ll see how it goes!

IMG_0149 Strawberries have some small green fruit on :)

 

 

 

 

IMG_0150

The Sweet corn is coming along nicely and the pumpkin in between is also growing well, even a small flower emerging ;)

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0151

The brassicas are growing nicely and the netting will come off this week.

 IMG_0152IMG_0155

The Gladiolas are also almost ready to send up flowers, I’m looking forward to harvesting my own cut flowers! Just in the edge of the left photo is the Chard :)

IMG_0153

The Rhubarb is now running a muck, so pleasing considering it nearly died off last year – but it’s very strong now :) There are also more flowing plants in there, but I can’t even remember what I planted, so we’ll have to see when they come out :)

Oh and another squash – thought I’d plant many to see how they faired :)

 

 

IMG_0154 

These are the beetroot seeds coming up – need wedding once they are a little larger – should be enough for a few batches of Natalia’s favourite chutney :)

 

 

IMG_0156

 

And I am WELL pleased with the peas, never really grown them before and they are delicious!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 IMG_0157 IMG_0158

And this is the chicken coop that I’ve been building over the last couple of weeks when I’ve had time. Not allowed live-stock on the allotment (or sheds or greenhouses or poly-tunnels or fruit or veg:) )

I get my chickens today, a couple of Rhode Island Reds that my cousin has bred – very excited!!!!

No comments: