Sunday, May 20, 2007

Progress...

No photos for today, but managed to get down for a good 3 hours today. Roped my best friend, Chris, into this session :) I managed to weed to top half of the plot, where the spuds have gone mad, and earthed up around them. Chris weeded 5 out of 7 of the remaining beds that we have created on the first half of the plot, and a bloody good job of it he did too! We've covered that with a weed membraine and some logs to hold it down. These beds are having there crops prepped for them at home. I've sown:

6 Big MAX pumpkin seeds
Green Sprouting Calabrese
Chard - Perpetual Spinach
Cultivated Rocket
Boltardy Beetroot
Trocadero Improved Lettuce
Lollo Rossa Lettuce
Corn Salad Baval
Early Purple Sprouting Broccoli
Cucumber Long Green Ridge
Dwarf French Bean Sprite

I've ordered some plants from a couple of online nursery's:

Tomato Alicante
Tomato San Marzano
Herb Collection (Chives, Mint, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme and Sweet Marjoram)
Lettuce Little Gem
Sweet Pepper Redskin

The above are all from www.plantcollection.co.uk and were bought because I missed the sowing season for Tom's and the sweet peppers. I just chucked the rest in because I was buying ;)

Calabrese Marathon Plants
Broccoli (Sprouting) Bordeaux Plants
Brussels Sprout Brilliant Plants
Cabbage Peter Plants

These were all bought from marshalls as a set and were bought because I missed the ideal time for sowing out the brussels and my other half was really looking forward to brussels this christmas!


On top of that I've also already got Sweetcorn, Butternut Squash and Onward Pea's growing at home in preperation for a little "Three Sisters" preperation.



See, think you'll agree! A VERY productive day! :)

I'll grab some photos on Tuesday so that you can all see how we're getting on ;)

No comments: