Saturday, January 10, 2009

Need to get down again!

I’ve been down recently – well in the last month or so. But I didn’t take any photo’s of what I’ve been doing.

I’ve been trying to get the back half of the site cleared ready for use this year, I’m going to try growing all of the Christmas presents for this years gifts – chutneys, pickles etc.

The cold weather makes clearing now very hard, as the ground is SOLID, but I managed to get plenty done a month ago (or so) and built a new compost area.

I’ll get some snaps and upload them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Bracknell too and was considering getting on the waiting list for an allotment plot. I was thinking it might be nice to meet some people in the meantime and even help someone out with their plot as I have never done this before. Any ideas on how to get in contact with people? Is there any kind of allotment association? :)
Thanks, Allison

DC Landscapes said...

There is indeed - if you contact the council head offices (just up from McDonalds in bracknell) then they should be able to point you in the right direction. We've just started an association for the South Road site (by downshire golf course) so we should be able to help somewhere!